Team Building & Team Development
What is a Team Building Program?
A good team building program is just that—an actual program which looks at team development as not just a one-time event. Team development is directly related to understanding the over-arching mission and vision of an organization and assisting staff in achieving the necessary skills, knowledge, and strategies for individuals to become part of the high-achieving workplace. Plaid assists individuals in understanding themselves, understanding relationships with others and finally focusing upon how each individual contributes to the organizational mission.
Why Offer Team Building?
A team building program may look like it involves a fair amount of work and cost some money. Does your organization really need one? The answer is yes, for a number of reasons. For new team members there’s what seems an obvious answer: a team development program is necessary so they can start their jobs with some idea of what they’re supposed to do, how to do it and how to work with others in the organization recognizing that organization’s unique culture. There are a number of other ways in which a team development program can help new members:
- It shows them that the organization is serious about what it does, and therefore encourages them to be serious about it, too.
- It makes them feel that the organization is supportive of them.
- Having the proper background boosts their confidence in their ability to do their jobs.
- Team development can help to convince new members of the value of the organization’s philosophy and methods.
- It enlists them as “regulars” in the organization by giving them a vocabulary and way of looking at their work similar to those of others in the organization.
- It shortens the time needed for them to become competent at their jobs.
- It greatly diminishes the chance that they’ll make mistakes that cost the organization in prestige, public relations, credibility, lawsuits, or money.
What makes Plaid different?
Plaid primarily uses the Birkman Method to assess individuals and teams during the team building process. We customize our team building programs to better address the needs and goals of each client and each participant.
Aligning individuals and their organizations with over-arching vision and mission is key to:
- Building trust and positive dynamics amongst team members
- Developing group decision-making skills
- Defining the leadership process
- Developing interpersonal relationship, task management and decision- making competencies/skills
- Enhancing organizational effectiveness and overall productivity