Chapter Advisor Training Program
Designed for individuals of all ages and experiences who advise interfraternal chapters, the Chapter Advisor Training program provides the education and training that chapter advisors need to be successful, confident and prepared in their task of advising today’s college students.
Chapter Advisor Training Program Features:
- Includes high definition video, animations, interactions, branched learning and practice examples
- Segmented into six modules to accommodate attention spans and time (20-40 minutes/module)
- Bookmarks progress for return trips
- Additional resources for further education and learning (e.g. chapter retreat outline)
- Works on both Apple and Android mobile devices, as well as Apple, PC and Chromebook computers
- Includes closed captioning
- Neutral modules that are applicable to any interfraternal organization and advisor experience
- Customization features to meeting the branding specifications of the organization
- Hosted on Plaid’s nationally recognized Learning Management System or another compatible LMS
The six courses include:
- The Role of the Advisor – The chapter advisor’s role, responsibilities and expectations for working with student organizations.
- The Interfraternal Experience – The history of the interfraternal experience, tactics for advising Generation Z, and methods for tackling specific advisor, chapter and student obstacles.
- Mentoring College Students – The skills and tactics to mentor undergraduates today, and how to confront conflict, address accountability, and co-create SMART goals.
- Interfraternal Relationships – The local, regional, and national relationships that exist in the interfraternal community, and the support systems in place for an advisor.
- Hazing Identification and Prevention – Identifying and addressing a hazing culture.
- Eradicating Harmful Tradition – Understanding motivations and needs of individuals or a chapter, to move towards creating a healthy chapter culture.